Monday, February 12, 2007

Great weekend

Had one of those delightful weekends when everything seemed to go pretty well, it also involved things that I really enjoy (although worryingly didn't involve going to the Army at all!!!)

Friday night - watched Southend win 5-0 at home to QPR - nights like these don't come around very often. What's more it was live on Sky and my father-in-law recorded it for me so I could watch the best bits again whilst tucking into a Chinese when I got back.

Saturday morning - had a rehearsal for a 10-piece brass ensemble called "Wonderbrass" that I am involved in. It reminded me how much I enjoy blowing a tuba.

Saturday lunch - met Tania and the kids for a relaxing lunch out, just enjoyed their company and Elliot's quirkiness (he ordered a peanut butter and honey baguette!).

Saturday evening - went on a 6-mile run and felt brilliant afterwards (this is not always the case!) - ran a long route to my parents to wish my mum a happy birthday.

Sunday - Tania and I left the kids with her mum and drove up to London for a family do at a posh London club. Arrived early (this definitely does not always happen!) so walked around the corner to the Royal Academy where we had enjoyed a cuppa in their cafe. The family do was absolutely amazing - 111 people to celebrate my Uncle and Aunt's 40th wedding anniversary. Met up with some family members I haven't seen for years.

Sunday night - had the kids returned to us, supper with the in-laws and then watched a recording of last night's Top Gear.

What a fantastic weekend - football, music making, family, running and all of them went really well. Shame it didn't involve Church too - but sometimes I feel like I need a break, don't you?

1 Comments:

At 9:29 am, Blogger Mitchenstein said...

Hey Gary!

It was great to catch up with you and the family at the weekend! As we always say, 'We don't meet up often enough'! But it was cool.

Anyway, that's all I was planning to say! Take care and see you all soon!

John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home