Friday, June 01, 2007

Long time no blog



Blimey - how time flies! I am embarrassed that I haven't blogged since the London Marathon and that was ages ago!





Here's a bullet point summary of my life since then:










  • ran the marathon.....slowly - in fact very slowly! (Slowest ever due to heat) but finished and have the medal to prove it

  • Major Keith Lloyd - a top bloke, friend and former colleague - died quite suddenly and I had the unexpected privilege of speaking at his funeral - first time I've ever done this

  • Southend got relegated

  • Went camping with the http://www.urbanarmy.blogspot.com clan - or Boots 2007 as they like to call it!

  • Recorded a personal best bowling analysis of 5 for 10 in the Corps 20:20 cricket match

  • We looked after my sister's Westie Puppies for the weekend (Frank & Beans) - put me off ever owning a dog!

That's about it - there's probably more but these are the bits I can remember.

I promise I'll try to be a better blogger in weeks to come

5 Comments:

At 8:41 am, Blogger Charlie Chikankata said...

Seriously Gazza,

Not blogging is the last thing you should be embarrassed about!

That red top
Five and half hours
Camping
Insight Profiling
Beans


What's happening to you man - you've really let yourself go since I left. Never mind, I'll be back soon to sort you out.

You've let your family down, you've let the marathon organisors down, you've let your school down, you've let the University Photography club down, you've let the Young Ornathologist Club down
but most of all you've let yourself down!

Congratulations on the marathon though :-)

RB.

 
At 11:09 pm, Blogger Timmy Magic said...

Frank and Beans - great movie...

 
At 3:32 pm, Blogger Andy said...

Hi mate, was wondering where you'd got to. With any amount of luck we'll finally be moving, just up the road from you, in the next few weeks. Read my blog to see my current rant about it...

 
At 2:06 pm, Blogger Graeme said...

Ahem, should have done this sooner, but need to offer my sincerest condolences on Southend's relegation back to League One - No, I really, truly mean it!! Still, at least it looks like you'll still have enough players to put a team out next season, which is more than I can say for us at the moment!

 
At 2:09 pm, Blogger Anita said...

Not sure if this is ok to say, but I'll say it anyway - you did very well at Keith's funeral - you captured him just right. He would have been chuffed to bits with what you said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home