Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Standing at the crossroads

Career-wise I stand yet again at another crossroads (not again I hear you cry!).

I have an opportunity to move on and need to make a decision one way or the other by the end of this week.

Normally my career moves have been to the next rung up the ladder (although my move into my current job from being a CEO of a smaller charity may be considered a bit of a sideways move) - however this one is a bit more of a jump and involves a fair amount of personal risk.

I am so fortunate to have a supportive wife who sees the potential benefits of the new opportunity and as a result I'm 99% sure that I will go for it, although in some ways it will be a wrench to leave the security blanket of The Salvation Army behind and some good friends that I have made (just found some cracking new lunch partners and I'll miss them and a couple of trusted colleagues particularly).

Keep me in your prayers please, as I need the comfort of knowing that I am doing the right thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home