Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Lessons from Starbucks


Last year I read Howard Schultz's inspirational book "Pour your heart into it" and was inspired by the way he kept the core values within Starbucks.

Recently as part of my work with


I have been working with a couple of clients regarding Culture and Values within their organisations and once again the example of Starbucks has come up. Reading their corporate values I was challenged about how these could be applied to our Church:

1) BE WELCOMING. Offer everyone a sense of belonging.
2) BE GENUINE. Connect, discover, respond.
3) BE KNOWLEDGEABLE. Love what you do. Share it with others.
4) BE CONSIDERATE. Take care of yourself, each other, and your environment.
5) BE INVOLVED. In the store, in the company, in your community.

Now that wouldn't be a bad start for most churches, would it?

PS - if you want me to do some culture or values stuff in your company, then e-mail me at: enquiries@genesistcc.co.uk or goto the contact page on the website:

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:16 am, Blogger Mitchenstein said...

Hi Garry!

The new website's looking great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home