Monday, August 14, 2006

Makes you wonder....

I was at our floor prayers this morning (not the whole building, just those staff who work in the 3 departments based on the 2nd floor).

There were 15 of us there, and it struck me that it was 3 more than attended morning worship at Mashbury yesterday!

12 people is a good sized house group (or a good sized minibus!) - sometimes I get discouraged by the numbers that show up and question whether the hours I spend in preparation of a sermon and a meeting are worthwhile - especially in the context that they are hours I do not spend with my wife, children or friends.

Just made me wonder what it's all about.

PS My mood was slightly lifted after the meeting by one of our adherents who told me that she would like to become a soldier - God must have known that I needed a bit of encouragement!

1 Comments:

At 11:49 pm, Blogger Timmy Magic said...

Think on the plus side - you have 12 more at your meeting than some corps do! As for your prep, if what you have to say evokes a reaction in 1 person (like the adherent who wants to be a soldier) then it's worthwhile. Keep at it - the people of Mashbury need General Garry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home